- 16-Apr-2014 to 13-Jun-2014 (AST)
- Human Resources
- Bathurst, NB, CAN
- Full Time
Reporting to the General Manager, the Chief Geologist is responsible for providing technical expertise, support and advice for all Trevali's mining and exploration projects in New Brunswick, as they relate to geology. The Chief Geologist will be responsible for the development of the geological model, estimation of mineral resources and reserves, reconciliation studies, prepare yearly geological budgets and track accountability. Additional duties include the development and execution of mine and regional exploration programs as well as the evaluation of results. . This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Geology department, regional exploration and mine sites. Collaborate with the VP- Exploration on all exploration and resource / reserve estimations and issues.
Health & Safety Responsibility
As a senior employee, you are responsible for creating an environment where Health & Safety is an absolute priority. This shall be achieved by developing safe work practices, positively influencing work safety policies, and acting as leader in the promotion of Health & Safety.
You are responsible for taking reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of all employees and must consider this responsibility with every business decision.
• Manage, supervise, and monitor:
- the most accurate estimation of ore resources using industry best practises;
- geological mapping for projects;
- grade control at mine sites;  , , , , ,
- reconciliation studies
- geological contributions to geotechnical mapping for rock mechanics / ground support initiatives;
- QA/QC programs;
• Coordinate mine geological work closely with both mine planning and mine production teams to ensure that decisions regarding ore extraction are made with the best possible understanding and use of geological data.
• Design. Implement, supervise and monitor surface and underground exploration, testing, and analysis practices for all Trevali New Brunswick sites.
• Responsible for short and long term geological forecasts and planning as well as yearly geological budget preparation.
• Contribute metal grade estimations to the mine planning budgets and forecasts.
• Prepare, supervise, and manage all geological data including reports, models, and ore resources/reserve estimation.
• Reconcile mine production to resource / reserve estimations. Track mining dilution and stope / mining recoveries
• Manage the employees of the geological team to ensure that work is carried out using proven best practices and adhering to world-class safety standards.
• Coach, mentor and develop junior geological employees.
• Bachelor of Science in Geology
• Masters degree in Geology considered an asset
• 10 - 15 years of relevant mining base metal production experience in operational and underground mine geology (critical) and grade control with a record of increasing responsibility
Certificates, Licenses, Designations
• P. Geo designation
• Must possess a valid driver's license
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
• Strong proficiency of 3D software (MineSight, Gemcom, Vulcan, A-Mine, etc.) – "expert user"
• Strong knowledge of geology best practices and experience with grade control and mine planning
• Must be a proactive team player with proven mentorship skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• A commitment to the highest safety and environmental standards and the application of relevant legislation, codes and company standards
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!